Tuesday 13 October 2009

Development of Idea

Stephen Gill
I've looked at three of Gill features. Audio, Day Return and Gallery Warders. Alot of his work is about observation. 'Audio' features portraits of people using headphones and listening to music in different locations. 'Day return' shows people sitting on trains. 'Gallery Warders' shows guards in museams. They all observe people. In a he is making artist survaillence.



I like the idea of watching people, showing their diversity but also showing how they are connected. So this carries on from the work I did last year. I followed two subjects around thoughout the day, and showed how they crossed over eachothers lives.

Gill makes sequences of repetitive work to illustrate this. I think I may experiment with the use of sequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment